Tuesday 20 May 2008

Steven Moffat Is My Master Now

Antimini (squealing loudly): " Omigodomiodomigodohmygod!"
Family and randoms: "Huh?"
Antimini (rapidly in high pitched voice): "I have some amazing news! Omigod! It's so exciting! Well you might not get it but trust me it's awesome!"
Family (vaugely concerned): "What?"
Antimini (patiently): "Do you remember me talking about Steven Moffat?"
Aunty Tammy: "Steven Moffet sat on a Tuffet?"
Antimini (less pateintly): "No! Steven Moffat! He wrote the empty child and the doctor's daughter, I mean no not the doctor's daughter the doctor dances and the girl in the fireplace and blink! He won a bafta for blink!"
Mother: *has no clue what's going on*
Aunty Tammy: "The girl in the fireplace - that's doctor who..."
Antimini: "Yes! Yes see and he wrote loads of awesome ones! And now guess what!"
Family (losing interest in incoherence): "What are you talking about?"
Antimini (climactically): "He's going to be lead writer and series executive producer now instead of Russel T Davies!"
Mother (pretending to be interested): "Who's Russelteydavies?"
Antimini (losing steam): "The current lead writer and executive producer!"
Mother: "What are we talking about?"
Antimini: "DOCTOR WHO!"

OK so all you plebs out there do not appreciate the wonder that is Steven Moffat but you will benefit none-the-less because this series is gonna be frickin incredible! And thanks to Adam for drawing my attention to it with some well chosen expletives.

2 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I still think "Coupling" when see Steven Moffat?

    Also, I literally just discovered he's writing a trilogy of Tintin films for Spielberg and Jackson. How awesome is that!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen Coupling, though I'm think maybe I should.
    I am suddenly illogically excited about Tintin though! :D

    The down-side to the Steven Moffat excitement is, however, an entire year with only 3 RTD specials. NOT GOOD!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name and any comments!