Thursday 15 March 2007

Summer Sun

Over the last few days the weather has changed and it suddenly feels like summer. It's at once beautiful and cruel. Looking out over the paddock in the sun, standing at a window or sitting on the grass talking to friends, it's like a promise of summer that you know will be broken. Not because it'll rain tomorrow, or be cold later, but because summer doesn't really begin until after exams. And this weather just fills my mind with thoughts of the lazy days of may week - the only time when you can feel truly free. Which is why it's cruel - because this isn't the end it's just the beginning.
Work. Revision. Exams.
What a lot to look forward to!

My motto remains the same - and I would recommend this to anyone at any point in the Cambridge year: Live For Mayweek.

I feel the need to once again include one of my favourite quotes, from the incredible Tom Baker, while punting down the Cam:

"I love the spring. All the trees, the colours..."
"It's October"
"I thought you said we were coming here for Mayweek?"
"I did. Mayweek's in June"

And finally I'd just like to say: Ha! Oxford suckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and any comments!