Saturday 11 August 2007

Final Post from South Africa! :(

Hi guys. Well this is it, I'm flying off to Chile very very early tomorrow morning so I just thought I'd write a note to let you know that I have no idea what internet access will be like from now on!
I also owe you a post on the rejuvenation and reincarnation of my career as a marine biologist but I fear that it may have to wait.
In the mean time all comments are welcome, since I'm writing this for you guys (I'd never have the motivation to do it for myself!) but if I don't know if you're appreciating then my motivation is less. Even constructive criticisms are welcome! Erm, unless they relate to the numerous typos I don't have time to fix - sorry! :(

PS I just spoke Spanish - my first Spanish conversation! It sort of worked. At least, I think I have the hotel booked for the right occasion! Though I did keep saying 'perdon' and I'm not sure if this actually means 'sorry' or just 'excuse me'. Oh dear. Why did I do deutsch in swanmore? Well I know why but I feel Spanish could have been more helpful.

4 comments:

  1. Told ya you shoulda done Spanish...and then you'dve been in my class too! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am appreciating, Shams baby! Posts are vital for making sure you haven't been mauled by baboons/sharks/naked mole rats (whats the risk of hummingbird attack?) and let us not forget *cough*procrastination*cough*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharms! Wonderful postingness and such like has kept me entertained and broken up the long hours of nothingness I have to contend with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting! And your descriptions make everything so alive ... nearly walking (flying, swimming, etc.) behind you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name and any comments!