Sunday 11 February 2007

Two years

I will never need you, always need you, even though you'll never see.
I'll live without you, have to live without you, knowing it could never be.
I'm living everyday knowing you belong to someone else,
and it'll never go away however much I say it's for the best.
I do not want you, do not have you, it's been years now, really I'm fine.
I no longer want to hold you near me, never dream you could be mine.
But if you asked today
I would not hesitate,
and though I know you'lll never say it, anyway, I can't help hoping.
I can cope without you, lived without you, everday these past two years.
I do not need you. Never needed you at all, despite the tears.
I used to think maybe you felt for me, somehow, something,
No. This time I know, it's done. This is the end now, no more hoping.
No more hoping, wishing, dreaming
waiting, crying, wanting, needing,
I was over you so many years ago; it's true,
It was just a crush that couldn't last, but when I see you still
it's like not a single day has passed,
you were my first,
my last,
but still
I'm fine alone here, now I know for sure that what we had is gone.
And though you're moving on,
I'm still waiting.
I'm still hoping.

2 comments:

  1. I'm astonished. As a scientist I have never been able to put my feelings to pen with such skill. I know exactly, exactly what you mean.

    Thank you, Goaty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, that just made me cry again. Have to stop reading it.

    G

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name and any comments!