Sunday 11 February 2007

Another song for a sunny day

This one's never had any chords but I still sing it occasionally when the mood takes me.

I like the way the sun light up the moss in the morning,
and suddenly the wall is golden.
I like the way that I can leave the curtains open so the day streams in.
I'd like to stay
in this one moment everyday
for just a little bit longer,
but I'm up and I'm off, I've got to get ready for the world outside.
I walk and I watch and everywhere seems busy and bright.
And right now, this is what life should be about,
in this moment.
But I've gotta get on, gotta go, no time to stop and stare!
Just passing through, other things to do, though days like these are rare.
There'll be other mornings, other moments, other days,
though none like this one,
can't expect the world to stop for just one hour of bright and glorious blue sky and sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and any comments!